Tuesday, April 10, 2007

blech

So far, so good on the morning sickness. Those who know me well know that vomit & I have an intimate history together. So much time spent hugging Mr. Porcelain, so many embarrassing public vomiting experiences. I pretty much thought I would be doomed in the morning sickness department, but I have been OK since overcoming the sinus infection nastiness with accompanying antibiotic side effects. However, this doesn't mean I will be showing up at those eating competitions on ESPN. I have found my limits. On Sunday morning specifically.
Combine the following:
1 Empty morning stomach
+Coffee
+Ice water
+Iron-containing prenatal vitamin
+Apple
= gross

So, so, so stupid. I think I have staved off the morning sickness by usually trying to eat smart in the morning, and not taking the vitamin on an empty stomach. On Easter morning though, I skipped breakfast in favor of waiting for the yummies to be had at the family get-together, but thought, maybe I should just have a piece of fruit so my blood sugar doesn't get too low. It seriously only took 3 minutes after eating half the apple before my stomach cried, "NO!" I didn't even feel nauseated. Just knew that I had about 3 seconds to reach the bathroom.

What fun. Hope I made your day. Sorry about the grossness. This is the reality when the kid is only about the size of an orange. The cute stuff comes later. Next doctor's appointment is next Tuesday, when we'll be scheduling the first ultrasound. That will be more fun than vomit.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I'm not sure which is worse: Throwing up, or a kid throwing up on you...

I guess throwing up, b/c at least you don't necessarily feel awful when you're getting thrown up on. Well, maybe. I don't know. At least you've escaped most of the morning sickness. ;o)

bullwinkl said...

Hey! This is so cool! Your blog - Not the vomit, of course. LOL

Hope you don't mind if I add you to my list of "bloggers I know". It was really good to see your comment on my blog when I got home tonight. My daughter wasn't exactly planned either, but I wouldn't have wanted to go through the last 24 years without her.