Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Holiday hangovers

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT!!!
I have finally discovered the reason for 95% of Americans making the same New Year's weight loss resolution each December 31:



I will accept my Nobel Prize for brilliance in "duh" anytime.

Meanwhile, I try to survive through another dull week in the office during which all the management and executives take their eons of earned vacation while those of us who are lower on the totem pole hold down the fort. I am currently fighting the impulse to curl in a ball under my desk with Garfield.



Since a light snow has begun this afternoon, my California-born boss has gone home due to inexperience with winter driving. I have my memories of Christmas to keep me warm. Amelia enjoyed the shiny wrapping paper. She sat on my lap while we opened her presents and watched everything. We kind of guided her hand into ripping the paper on one package. I'm sure she'll enthusiastically maul the packages next year. Rick got me a gift set with my favorite Elizabeth Arden Green Tea perfume, but the best present of all is looking at this face every morning.



2 comments:

Megan said...

I think Rusty can relate to your work boredom this week. He put on his work's Curious George costume(as seen on his profile), b/c he ran out of things to do. Why don't they just give people the damned week off? Seriously.

Carolyn said...

She's such a cutie pie!! Merry Christmas Karen!

(P.S. Made my blog private. What is your email address? Message me on MySpace! :))